Opening an TradeDirect account is quick and easy. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Read the list of services we offer and view our rates, if you haven't done so already.
- Click on Open an Account and answer the questions concerning your future
- Date, sign and return the printed documents, along with a double-sided certified true* photocopy of your ID card/Passport (and work permit for non-Swiss nationals), to the following address:
TradeDirect, Customer Care, P.O. Box 9705, CH-1001 Lausanne.
- Once your request to open an account has been processed, you will receive a letter confirming that your account with us has been opened. The letter will contain your account and deposit numbers.
- When you log in to TradeDirect, after entering you user ID and password, you will receive a code via text message on your mobile phone. You must enter this code to confirm your log-in.
- To start using our service, all you have to do is transfer cash to your TradeDirect account or transfer securities to your TradeDirect securities deposit.
*How to obtain a certified true copy of an identity document
There are four ways in which you can do this:
1. Take your identity document (and permit, if applicable) to any Swiss cantonal bank and ask for a certified true copy (free of charge);
2. Take your identity document (and permit, if applicable) to a Swiss post office and ask for a yellow identification certified true copy (payable);
3. Take your identity document (and permit, if applicable) to a Swiss railway station and ask for a certified true copy (payable);
4. Take your identity document (and permit, if applicable) to a Swiss notary and ask for a certified true copy (payable).